Industrial Officers & Legal advocates are invited to Advocates Unleashed - Victorian Trades Hall Council's Industrial advocates conference 2023.
Sponsored by Incolink and Maurice Blackburn Lawyers, the conference brings together experts in Fair Work Commission advocacy, law & organising, industrial relations reform, and professional practice.
Industrial Officers with legal practising certificates can claim 5 CPD points for attending the conference.
Download the full program here
Iain Ross AO, former President of the Fair Work Commission: “How to be an effective advocate”
Nicole McPherson, National Assistant Secretary of the Finance Sector Union: “Law and Organising”
Kathryn Gill, Co-Chief Executive at Professional Footballers Australia: “Fight from No Pay to Equal Pay”
Senator Jess Walsh, Senator for Victoria
Michael Cooney, General Manager of Public Affairs at Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
Rebecca Thistleton, Executive Director Victoria, McKell Institute
Practical Workshops, Professional Skills
- Shane Marshall, former Federal Court Judge - “Role of the union industrial officer”
- Kelly Thomas, Principal Solicitor at the Young Workers Centre and Paris Lettau, Barrister – “How to brief a Barrister”
- Brad Annson, Partner at Gordon Legal - “How to prepare a witness to give evidence”
- Michael Sayers, Legal Counsel and April Zahra, Associate at Slater Gordon – “Negotiating and Drafting Settlement Terms”
- Edwina Byrne, VTHC Communications and Media Lead – “Plain language verses legal precision”