Section 67 of the OH&S Act 2004 entitles all elected Health & Safety Reps and Deputy Health & Safety Reps to complete a 5 Day Initial OHS Training Course, either in one full block of 5 days or sometimes splitting the 5 days into two multi-day sessions.
This WorkSafe approved training course provides new or returning HSRs with an understanding of the objectives of the OHS Act 2004 and their role under the Act, including:
- Interpreting the OHS legislation framework and its relationship to HSRs.
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
- Establishing representation in the workplace.
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution.
- Representing DWG members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s.
- Issuing a PIN and directing the cessation of work.
Course hours: 9am - 5pm
Course length: All HSR Initial OHS Training Courses are 5 days.
Course fee: $950.00 incl. GST
RSVP with the form below.
PLEASE NOTE: Commencing 1 July 2022, courses will require a minimum of 12 participants to proceed.
Course participants enrolled in courses will be notified of cancellation if necessary and will be contacted to re-schedule.
Check here for other upcoming course dates.