Women's Campaign Organiser
Victorian Trades Hall Council
The Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC) is looking for someone who wants to make a difference for working women.
We are looking for enthusiastic activists at the start of their union journey to join our Women’s Team as a full or part time Women’s Campaign Organiser. The Women’s Team is dedicated to campaigning to advance the rights and safety of working women across Victoria.
As part of a team, you will be organising and mobilising women workers to stand up for their rights and safety at work, support unions to advance working women’s rights and campaign for real social change such as universal, free childcare and ending wage inequality.
If you like talking to and working with people, if you are good at listening, have a burning desire to fight for our union values and enjoy rallies, actions and making change, come join the Trades Hall team.
- Delivering on a campaign plan to radically improve the lives of working women by organising women to take action in their workplaces and communities
- Organise women through online and offline events including phonebanks and meetings
- Working with unions, VTHC Women’s Committee, community organisations and other stakeholders to advance the rights of working women including at state and federal elections
- Assisting with the co-ordination and delivery of the leadership development program the Anna Stewart Memorial Project
- Assisting with other duties as required
There are no formal education or professional experience requirements. Even if you only meet some of the selection criteria, but you’re ready to learn, we’re keen to hear from you.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to develop relationships with a variety of people
- An understanding of gender inequality and its impacts in the workplace and beyond
- A passion for working directly with and developing activists, union organisers and members who make up our movement
- Experience fighting for/ making change in your workplace, community or anywhere else
- Previous experience in union, political or community organising (preferred but not required)
- Commitment to trade union values and a passion for social and class justice
- A current valid driver’s licence is preferred
VTHC has an attractive collective agreement including a monthly RDO (in recognition of occasional additional hours) plus 12% superannuation. The position will be paid at level 3 or 4 (approx. $64-73,000 FTE) in our classification structure depending on experience.
We are union. We stand united as part of a great movement of workers. Our diversity is our strength. Our solidarity is our power. We respect and take care of each other.
Prejudice and discrimination – including misogyny, racism, homophobia and all other hatreds – have no place in our movement. We rise together.
Today and every day we commit ourselves to achieving justice, fairness, equality and dignity for all workers.
We strongly encourage people from CALD backgrounds, First Nations, people with a disability, women and LGBTIQA+ people to apply.
A Statement of reasonable adjustments is available on request for people with a disability.
The position reports to the Secretary and Assistant Secretary through the Women’s Team Lead.
The position will be based at VTHC in Carlton with some travel expected, unless government regulations require otherwise.
Please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Kris at [email protected] using the subject line: Women's Campaign Organiser Job
Applications close Sunday 28 August, 9.00pm.