On Tuesday 18 Feb, nearly 4000 protesters like you took to the streets to stop Napthine's Silencing Act.
When the amendments were debated in Parliament, a number of Labor MPs spoke passionately against the bill, and have promised to repeal Napthine's Silencing Act if elected.
With Napthine's Liberals controlling the upper house, Napthine's Silencing Act is likely to pass the legislative council next week, but there are still 3 things you can do to stop Victoria being silenced for good!
Write to one of these Liberal members of the legislative council
telling them why you oppose Napthine's Silencing Act. These Liberal MPs are likely to vote in favour of the bill - they should be accountable to you for their actions.
Thank one of the MPs who spoke against the bill
and let the Labor party know that repealing the bill has popular support.
- Martin Pakula, Member for Lyndhurst [email protected]
- James Merlino, Member for Monbulk [email protected]
- Richard Wynn, Member for Richmond [email protected]
- Jane Garrett, Member for Brunswick [email protected]
- Lily D'Ambrosio, Member for Mill Park lily.d'[email protected]
- Jennifer Kanis, Member for Melbourne [email protected]
- Natalie Hutchins, Member for Keilor [email protected]
- Colin Brooks, Member for Bundoora [email protected]
- Bronwyn Halfpenny, Member for Thomastown [email protected]
so that the next Victorian Government can repeal Napthine's Silencing Act!
WE ARE UNION is progressives of all stripes working together to get rid of the Liberal Government.