High-quality training that is practical, solution-focused and WorkSafe approved.
COVID Safe plan - Read before attending
It is important that we keep everyone who attends training at Trades Hall safe and well. So, please observe our COVID-19 Safe Plan below:
- VTHC has a COVID Safe Plan
- All Course Participants will need to provide and show a valid COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate prior to entering Trades Hall. This is a mandatory requirement and no-one will be admitted to Trades Hall without valid certification;
- Participants will need to log in via our QR Code each day to register your attendance;
- If you are sick or have COVID symptoms, you must NOT attend training;
- Participants must carry a mask, but do not have to wear it while training;
- Participants need to practice social distancing and good hygiene at all times;
- Any other requirements as per our COVID plan or state government directives.
We thank you for keeping your comrades safe.
HSR rights to training
HSRs Right to Training
When workers are elected as health and safety representatives (HSRs) or deputies for their designated work groups (DWGs), it is important that they be trained so that they are able to be able to carry out their role and functions. VTHC recommends that HSRs and deputies attend a training course as soon as possible after they have been elected, as this will give them the tools to confidently represent their fellow members.
Under Victorian legislation, once a worker has been elected as the health and safety representative for their DWG, that person is entitled to exercise all the powers and rights of reps under the OHS Act (More information on the powers and rights of elected reps and their role). That is, even if an elected OHS Rep has not attended training, that person still has the right to represent their DWG, raise issues with their employer, and if necessary, issue PINs, Cease Works, and so on.
For a full run down of HSR training entitlements click here.
“A highly fun and educational week.”
- Alex, Customer Service
“A really well thought out course that had an excellent facilitator.
Looking forward to the refresher”
- Em, Office Co-Ordinator
“Very informal, easy to understand.
I took back so much information to make my position as a more informed HSR more enjoyable.”
- Karen, Confectioner