Dr Miya Tokumitsu
Dr Miya Tokumitsu is a lecturer in art history at the University of Melbourne. She is a former Fulbright scholar (Germany) and her research has also been supported by the Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts in Washington, DC. She is the author of Do What You Love. And Other Lies about Success and Happiness (Regan Arts, 2015) and is a contributing editor at Jacobin.
Nayuka Gorrie is a Gunai/Kurnai, Gunditjmara, Wiradjuri and Yorta Yorta woman. She is an activist, writer and 9-5 works in the youth sector as a program manager, facilitator and consultant.
- "A Women's Place is in Her Union" - the We Are Union Women team
- "Be Your Own Health and Safety Representative" - We Are Union OH&S team
- "Crafting Campaign Messages That Win!" - Jessica Kendal, Essential Media Communications
- Further workshops to be released shortly
- "Your Rights At Work: Apprentices" - presented by the Electrical Trades Union & the Construction, Forestry, Mining, and Energy Union
- "Future of Work: Changing Industries and the Gig Economy" - Carolyn Dunbar, Victoria and Tasmania Regional Director for the Media, Entertainment, and Arts Alliance & Foundation for Young Australians with special guest to be announced
- Further panels to be released shortly
Young Workers Grants
Strong unions need young workers, and young workers need strong unions - that's why we've got three $5000 grants to make your ideas for stronger unions into reality. For more information, check out this page.